Kharek ka Halwa
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 84 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 19519 times
A traditional Sindhi dessert usually made in the winter.
- Put the milk in a heavy bottomed pan and bring it to a boil. Add the kharek and cardamoms and cook on a slow flame for about 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Roast and coarsely powder the coriander seeds.
- Heat the ghee in another pan, add the powdered coriander seeds and poppy seeds and saute on a slow flame till they turn golden brown.
- Add this to the simmering milk and continue cooking on a slow flame till all the moisture evaporates.
- Add the sugar, nutmeg and mace and cook till the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the fire.
- Serve hot , garnished with almonds and pistachios.
- This can be stored in an air-tight container for upto one month in the refrigerator.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.