Khandvi, Microwave Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 778 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88361 times
This Gujarati delicacy can now be made in just five minutes in the microwave! These freshly-tempered and steaming-hot khandvis are a must try!
In fact, it is even easier to make because you do not have to constantly stir the curds and besan mixture like you would have to on a gas-top. Just ensure that there are no lumps in the batter or else the khandvis will not be uniform in size and the texture will also go for a toss.
- Combine the besan, curds-water mixture, ginger- green chilli paste, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt in a microwave safe bowl, whisk well and microwave on high for 4½ minutes, stirring twice in between with help of a whisk after every 1½ minutes.
- Spread the mixture on a smooth greased kitchen platform or surface. Allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Cut the khandvi lengthwise at a distance of 37 mm. (1½”) in width to make equal sized strips.
- Carefully roll out each strip from one end to another end to form cylindrical rolls. Keep aside.
- Combine the oil, mustard seeds and asafoetida in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Pour the tempering on top of the khandvi.
- Serve immediately garnished with coconut and coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.