Khakhra ( Whole Wheat)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 16 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 86095 times
Khakhra, a famous gujrati snack is made from whole wheat flour, salt, oil and water. The dough is rolled out and cooked on a tava with pressure applied till crisp. Khakhra is healthy, quick to make and goes with curds, chutney, jeeralo and methya keri sambhar. Basically khakhra is a crispy version of roti.
- Combine the flour, salt and 1 tbsp of oil in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and roll out each portion into very thin rounds with help of a little flour.
- Cook each khakhra lightly for a few seconds on both sides on a tawa (griddle).
- Apply a little oil and cook again on a slow flame until crisp using little pressure with help of a cloth.
- Remove from the flame and allow to cool.
- Store in an air-tight jar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.