Khajur ki Barfi
by Chhaya Taparia
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14329 times
Dates are a good source of iron. This barfi is nutritious yet mouth watering. Good for festivals and guests.
Add your private note
Khajur ki Barfi recipe - How to make Khajur ki Barfi
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Remove the seeds from the dates and soak them in milk for about 2 hours and blend in a mixer to a coarse paste.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the dates puree and saute till it leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Add the khoya and coconut powder, mix well and saute till the ghee starts coming out.
- Add the cardamom powder, mix well and transfer the mixture into a greased plate and sprinkle slivers of cashew and almonds.
- Garnish with edible silver.
- When cool, cut it into desired shape.
This recipe was contributed by Chhaya Taparia on 27 Jul 2012
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.