Khajoori Shahi Tukda
by Foodie #568382
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 2881 times
Combination of date rolls and bread to make this delicious khajoori shahi tukda.
- Cut each bread slice into round using a small katori.
- Take a pan, put some ghee and fry these round cut bread slices 1 minute for each side. Keep aside.
- Take the seedless dates and mash it well,add sliced almonds and pistachios and also add cardamom powder and mash well.
- Make small roundels like for a chapati and with hand make small tikki sized roundels of this mixture same as the size of the fried breads.
- Now place the dates roundels in between two fried bread slices to make a sandwich with the date mixture in between.
- Keep the milk to boil for 10 minutes, add the sugar and saffron, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Dip the bread sandwiches in the milk for 1 minute and take it out and place it on a plate.
- Repeat the process for all 4 pieces.
- Now boil the milk till it's 1/3rd left and remove from the flame and keep aside to cool.
- Refrigerate both of these milk and milk dipped bread sandwiches and pour the milk over the bread during serving.
- Serve chilled garnish with pistachios and almonds.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #568382 on 17 May 2012I am a Dentist by profession,Presently residing in Delhi.I believe that if i was not a dentist i wou...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.