by Foodie #48100
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9455 times
Careful with the soaked falooda seeds, they are a very sticky affair to clean, if you get them spilled over your clothes or floor! these seeds form an excellent intestinal cooling agent in the summer season. Especially in cases of hot flushes, menses, and heat related disorders.
- Combine the cornflour with cold water in a deep pan.
- Cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously, till the mixture becomes transparent.
- Grease inside of the press and spoon the cooked mixture.
- Hold press over a large bowl of icewater and press out spaghetti like sev into water.
- Keep in refrigerator to chill till required.
- Drain and keep aside.
- Soak the falooda seeds in 500 ml water for 30 minutes.
- Drain and keep in refrigerator till required.
- Blend the chilled milk using a hand blender till frothy.
- Place the serving glasses on a tray and pour 2 tbsp of syrup at bottom.
- Add 2 tbsp sev and top with 1 tbsp falooda seeds.
- Tilt glass a bit, pour milk to 3/4 level carefully and finally top with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream.
- Garnish with chopped nuts
- Serve with long handled thickshake spoons.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 18 Aug 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.