Kerala Style Mathan Kichadi
Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10476 times
In the same way, you can do mampazha kichadi by substituting pumpkin with ripe mangoes.
- Cut the pumpkin into small cubes
- Cook the pumpkin pieces in a vessel containing about 3 glasses of water, with turmeric powder and salt. it may take about 8 minutes when boiled with cover.
- When done, add tamerind water
- Boil for another 4 minutes
- Meanwhile, grind together the coconut and green chillies.
- Add 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds into the paste and grind coarsely (if mustard seeds are ground smoothly, a bitter taste would come)
- Add the paste to the pumpkin and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Optional step: add the jaggery and allow it to dissolve fully in the pumpkin kichadi
- Add more water, if necessary.
- Now, in a pan, heat the oil and allow a teaspoonful of mustard seeds to splutter. then, add curry leaves and chopped red chilly into it and heat for few seconds.
- Now, add the above seasoning into the pumpkin kichadi
- The curry is now ready for use.
This recipe was contributed by akt on 21 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.