Ker ka Achaar
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 30 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25819 times
Ker, a berry exclusive to Rajasthan, is used in many interesting ways in the cuisine of that region. Ker ka Achaar is one such delicious preparation of ker pickled in mustard oil spiced up with a variety of seeds, so aromatic and appetizing that just a sniff of it will make you hungry.
- Heat the mustard oil in a deep non-stick pan for approx. 3 minutes or till it is red hot. Keep aside and allow it to cool completely.
- Combine the split mustard seeds, split fenugreek seeds, chilli powder, crushed fennel seeds, turmeric powder, dried mango powder, salt and mustard oil in a deep bowl and mix well.
- Add the ker and mix well.
- Transfer into a sterilized jar and store in a cool dry place.
- This pickle can be stored for upto a year if kept refrigerated in a clean, dry glass jar.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.