by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 694 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 73579 times
Mini tarts filled with a spicy mixture of sprouts and chutneys. I have suggested baking the tart cases but you can stack them up and deep fry them in oil. The cases can be made days in advance and keep well when stored in an air-tight container. Just rustle up the filling and serve these pretty tarts to display your culinary skills to your family and friends.
- Combine the flour, butter and salt and make a stiff dough using a little water. Knead very well.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll out each dough portion into a sheet of 6 mm. (¼") thickness.
- Cut rounds of pastry using a large 50 mm. (2") diameter cookie cutter and press into tart moulds.
- Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake in a hot oven at 230°C (450°F) for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Cool the tart cases.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the asafoetida.
- Add the sprouts, chilli powder, coriander-cumin seed powder, turmeric powder, amchur, chole masala, salt and 2 tablespoons of water and mix well. Cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- Fill each tart with a portion of the filling.
- Top with curds, khajur imli ki chutney, green chutney, sev and chaat masala.
- Serve immediately.
- Chole masala is a spice blend that is easily available at provision stores.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.