Kathal ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 71 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 264010 times
This recipe makes use of raw jackfruit which absorbs all the flavours easily because of its subtle flavour. Unlike ripened jackfruit, this is a delightful harmony of flavour and textures. Cut raw jackfruit with well oiled hands as it secretes a sap which does not wash off easily.
- In a bowl, mix together the jackfruit, turmeric, salt and 1 tablespoon of oil. Keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaves and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the onions, ginger and garlic and cook till onions are lightly browned.
- Add the tomatoes, coriander seed powder, cumin seed powder and chilli powder and cook till the oil is released from the tomato mixture.
- Add the marinated jackfruit mixture and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles over a medium flame.
- Open the cooker and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Garnish with the coriander and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.