Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 45273 times
A spicy indian vegetable preparation, kathal masala is basically unripe jackfruit, also known as kathal cooked in a spicy masaledaar gravy. Enjoy the kathal masala with roti.
- Wash, peel and cut the kathal in 4 cms cubes.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the kathal till thye turn light brown form all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan, add the onion paste and saute till it turns golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and the tomatoe puree and saute for another 5 minutes.
- Add the curds and all the masalas and saute till the oil floats on top.
- Add the fried kathal pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add salt and 1 cup water, mix well and cook till it becomes like a thick gravy.
- Simmer till the gravy is thick.
- Add the coriander and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by shachi_rana on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.