Kashmiri Kahwa, Kashmiri Tea
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 173 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 152045 times
Kashmiri Kahwa, a classic drink from the Himalayan valley, is a soul-warming drink that resonates with the power of Indian spices.
Here, green tea is infused with a range of spices including cinnamon and cardamom, and served with a touch of saffron and a garnish of chopped almonds.
Indeed, this is one exciting cuppa that you will love to smell, sip and bite too! You will find that the Kashmiri Kahwa will instantly perk you up with its amazing aroma and flavour.
You can also try other unique drinks like the Orange Green Tea and Phudina Green Tea .
- Combine the saffron strands and 1 tbsp of warm water in a small bowl, mix well and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan, add the cinnamon stick , cardamom, cloves and sugar, mix well and cook on a medium flame for approx. 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lower the flame, add the kashmiri green tea leaves, mix well and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Strain the tea in a deep bowl using a strainer.
- Transfer the mixture into a saucepan, add the saffron-water mixture and almonds, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute, while stirring continuously.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||0 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||0 mg|
|Folic Acid||0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.