Kashmiri Dum Aloo
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 461 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 141975 times
Rich stuffed potatoes in the kashmiri style.
- Skin the potatoes and prick them.
- Deep fry in ghee until cooked.
- Scoop the potatoes.
- Mash the scooped portion and keep aside.
- Stuff the potatoes with the stuffing mixture.
- Apply the mashed potato on top to cover.
- Cut the tomatoes into big pieces, add 2 teacups of water and cook. When soft, take out a soup by passing through a sieve.
- Heat the ghee in a vessel and fry the paste for at least 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms and fry again.
- Add the tomato sosup, cream and salt. Add 1/2 teaspoon of sugar if required.
- When you want to serve, put the potatoes in the boiling gravy. Alternatively, bake with the gravy in a hot oven at 450°f for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- VARIATION : Boil the potatoes and mash then while hot. Add 1 tablespoon of cornflour and salt to taste. Fill with the above stuffing, make balls and d
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.