Karela Bateta Nu Shaak
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 53 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 93003 times
Karela batate nu shaak vegetable will be liked by all the non- karela lovers also as the bitter taste does not dominate the vegetable. Make the karelas crispy and enjoy this with roti and kadhi for a complete meal.
- Combine the karela with salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the karela and discard it.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the squeezed karela, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and salt, mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 10 minutes or till the karela is crisp and the potatoes are cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander, cashewnuts, and sesame seeds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for more 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander-cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, sugar and dried mango powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.