Karela Batate Nu Shaak
by Tarla Dalal
3/5 stars 50% LIKED IT
1 GOOD - 1 BAD
Added to 38 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 70031 times
Karela batate nu shaak vegetable will be liked by all the non- karela lovers also as the bitter taste does not dominate the vegetable. Make the karelas crispy and enjoy this with roti and kadhi for a complete meal.
- Combine the karela with salt in a deep bowl, mix well and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the karela and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, turmeric powder on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the squeezed karela, cover and cook on a slow flame for 8 to 10 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the potatoes and cook on a medium flame for more 10 minutes or till the karela is crisp and the potatoes are cooked, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the salt, coriander, cashewnuts, and sesame seeds, mix well and cook on a medium flame for more 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the coriander cumin seed powder, chilli powder, sugar and amchur powder and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.