Kanda Pohe ( Mumbai Roadside Recipes )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 90779 times
Maharashtrians would feel lost without poha! beaten rice flakes tossed with the traditional tempering of mustard seeds, chillies and curry leaves, this is served aesthetically with tiny wedges of lemon. If you are in a rush, you can just grab a readily available parcel of poha and have it later in the comfort of your office.
- Clean, wash and soak the rice flakes in enough water for atleast 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, green chillies, asafoetida and onions, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the turmeric powder, rice flakes and salt, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 2 minutes, stirring gently once in between.
- Place equal portions of poha on 4 plates, garnish each plate with 1 tsp of coriander and 2 tsp of coconut and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.