Kand ki Chaat
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 99 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12212 times
Name your flavour and you will get it in this chaat. Aromatic herbs, peppy spice powders, crunchy onions and tangy lemon combine excitingly with deep-fried kand cubes, which are tantalisingly crisp outside and soft inside. The most tempting twist in this Kand ki Chaat is the addition of poppy seeds, which impart an intense texture and a very unique aroma when sautéed. You can’t help falling in love with this snack, especially on cold winter days.
- Heat the oil for deep-frying in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few kand cubes at a time till they turn golden brown in colour from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions and green chilies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the poppy seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the deep-fried kand, dried mango powder, coriander powder, black salt, mint, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.