5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 224 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 88297 times
Dark brown gulab jamins coated with desiccated coconut.
- In a large pan, combine the sugar with 1 litre of water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over a slow flame till the syrup is 1 string consistency.
- Remove any impurities which float on top of the syrup using a slotted spoon.
- Add the saffron if desired and keep the syrup warm.
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients, mix well and knead into a firm dough without using any water.
- Divide this mixture into 25 equal portios and roll into rounds. These should have no cracks on the surface as otherwise the jamuns will crack while frying.
- Deep fry in ghee over a medium flame till the jamuns are dark brown in colour (for approx 10 to 12 minutes).
- Drain and immerse in the warm sugar syrup. Soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and roll in desiccated coconut.
- Serve at room temperature.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.