Added to 87 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 46620 times
This popular old-time favourite is so easy to prepare. Kaju Puri consists of cashewnuts, sugar and cardamom powder. To this, saffron dissolved in milk is added and then a dough is placed inside a bangle between polythylene sheets and rolled to get a perfect round and baked.
- Mix the cashewnuts, sugar and cardamom powder.
- Warm the saffron and dissolve in 1 teaspoon of milk.
- Add the saffron, essence and enough milk and make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 portions.
- Take two small sheets of polythylene and a bangle of 50 mm. (2") diameter. Put one sheet and the bangle on a board. Place one portion of the dough inside the bangle, cover with the other sheet and roll to the shape of the bangle.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Arragne on a baking dish and bake in a preheated oven at 190°c (375°f) for 15 to 20 minutes. Alternatively, grill on both sides for a few minutes.
- Cool and serve.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.