Kaju Pista Roll
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 477 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 55296 times
Kaju pista roll is a traditional indian sweet that one never tires of. Prepare the cashew and pistachio barfis first, and then roll them with care to make white coloured cylinders with bright green inners. Wrap with silver foil to keep the rolls intact. Voila, you have a rich and tasty sweet for any festive occasion.
- Make the pista barfi as specified in the recipe.
- Divide into two equal parts and shape each portion into a cylindrical roll of 100 mm. (4") length and 6 mm. (1/4") thickness. Keep aside.
- Make the cashew barfi as specified in the recipe.
- Divide into 2 equal parts. Roll out each portion with the help of a greased rolling pin on a sheet of plastic to rectangle of 100 mm. X 75 mm. (4" x 3") and 3 mm. (1/8") thickness.
- Place one portion of the pistachio roll on one side of the cashewnut rectangle.
- Roll out tightly starting from the end where the pistachio roll is placed and seal the edges completely.
- Gently press the roll till it is about 175 mm. (7") length.
- Roll this onto 2 silver leaves so it coats the kaju pista roll completely.
- Cut into 7 pieces of 25 mm. (1") each.
- Repeat for the remaining ingredients to make 1 more roll.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.