by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 332 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 121335 times
A no-sweat, no-fuss recipe to prepare the all-time favourite Kaju Barfi within minutes! The barfi involves a very simple procedure and takes very little time to prepare.
It does not even require ghee, except for greasing the tray, because the oil contained in the cashews is enough to cook this tasty mithai without sticking to the kadhai. With this easy recipe, you can get the satisfaction of preparing pure and tasty Kaju Barfi for your family, right in your own kitchen.
Whether it is Diwali , Raksha - Bandhan or a dessert party, the mithai platter would be incomplete without these delicious Kaju-Barfi.
- Blend the cashewnuts in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and ¼ cup of water in a broad non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the cashew powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Grease a 125 mm. (5”) diameter plate with a little melted ghee, transfer the mixture into it and spread it evenly.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 2 to 3 minutes, cut into 8 equal-sized diamond shaped pieces.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
- Traditional cashew barfis made with mava take a longer time to cook and also need refrigeration after making. This version is made in a jiffy and stays fresh for up to a week at room temperature itself, as it does not contain mava.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.