Kaddu ka Raita
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 263 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 26196 times
It feels creamy and rich, but it equally light and refreshing, giving everyone a reason to love the Kaddu ka Raita. Red pumpkin is tempered and cooked till soft, mashed and mixed with curds, and finally garnished with coriander and crushed roasted peanuts. The roasted peanut garnish is actually the icing on the cake, as it gives the raita a tremendous boost in flavour, aroma and texture.
- Heat the ghee in a deep pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the pumpkin, salt and sugar, mix well and cover and cook on a medium flame for 6 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Remove from the flame and allow it to cool for 2 minutes.
- Once cooled, mash the pumpkin pieces with help of a masher.
- Add the curds and mix well.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and serve chilled garnished with peanuts and coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.