Kaddu Palak ki Roti ( Indian Cooking)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 236 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22203 times
Red pumpkin and spinach – what a brilliant twosome! A lesson in contrasts, the two are different in everything from colour and texture to flavour, yet they complement each other beautifully, especially in this wonderful recipe.
The best part is that this Kaddu Palak ki Roti is also very easy to make because all the ingredients are mixed into the dough, and you do not have to bother about stuffing and rolling like in the case of parathas.
The spinach and the pumpkin also hydrate the dough well, resulting in soft, pliable rotis, which everybody will love. Take care to cook the rotis well so that the raw smell of the veggies totally vanishes, giving way to the most irresistible aroma!
Serve with Paneer Koftas in Curd Gravy and Lehsun ki Chutney .
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the roti, using a little oil, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to make 7 more rotis.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.