Kadala Curry ( Know Your Dals and Pulses )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9769 times
Although the main ingredient in this recipe is red chawli, it is undoubtedly the shallots or madras onions that give this dish its unique aroma and flavour! feast on this spicy and nutritious recipe with a bowl of steaming hot rice topped with ghee.
- Heat the oil in a pan and roast all the ingredients till they release an aroma. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a fine powder and keep aside.
- Combine the red chawli with 4 cups of water and boil till soft. Occasionally remove the froth that collects on top.
- Add the onions, prepared masala and salt , mix well and cook till the curry thickens. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and add the mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- When they crackle, add the shallots and sauté for a minute.
- Add the coconut and red chillies and sauté till it releases an aroma.
- Pour the tempering on the curry and serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.