Kabuli Chana Munch
by kundan shah
Added to 14 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4909 times
Kabuli chana munch is a flan or snack recipe with the pastry sheets made from maida and butter and the filling comprising of cooked kabuli chana. This filled flan case is baked and served crispy hot with beverage of choice.
- Mix flour, ajwain powder and salt.
- Rub the diced butter into it to resemble bread crumbs.
- Add the cold water to obtain soft dough.
- Knead lightly, wrap in paper and refrigerate for 30mins
- Roll out the dough on a floured board and line a flan ring to cover the base and the sides
- Pressure-cook the kabuli chana till done.
- Drain and grind to a fine paste
- Melt one tbsp butter in a pan and fry the sliced spring onions till soft
- Remove from heat
- When cool, add tomato puree, kabuli chana paste, salt, pepper, chilli powder and cummin powder. mix well
- Pour the filling into the flan case
- Top with grated cheese, dot with the remaining butter and bake till golden brown. serve hot
This recipe was contributed by kundan shah on 25 Feb 2001I am currently living in Nairobi Kenya. I have two children a son and daughter.
I have graduated...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.