Kabuli Chana Dal
This recipe has been viewed 9921 times
Full of flavour and a great source of protein and calcium, kabuli chana or gazpacho beans are made into a delicious kabuli chana dal recipe which can be devoured with rice or parathas. The spices blend beautifully with the onion, tomatoes and ginger garlic paste and add flavour to the kabuli chana dal dish.
- Cook dal in 4 cups of water until tender.
- Blend coarsely using a hand-held blender. Keep aside.
- Heat a nonstick pan and add the cumin seeds and saute till they turn brown and crackle.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic, mix well and saute till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add turmeric, coriander and chilli powder, mix well and saute for more 20 seconds, sprinkling water to prevent burning.
- Add tomato pulp and dal, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by mcgraff on 28 Jul 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.