Kabuli Chana Biryani ( Biryani Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12516 times
An innovative blend of rice and pulses. When served with a bowl of low fat curd or raita, this can be a really healthy and satisfying dish.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the garlic and ginger and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, tomatoes, a little water (approx. 1tbsp) and green chillies and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the curds, sugar and cook on a slow flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, bayleaves and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice, mint leaves and coriander, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep aside.
- Pour the ghee in a (7”) microwave-safe dish, put 1 portion of the cooked rice and spread it evenly.
- Put the kabuli chana gravy over it and spread it evenly.
- Finally put the remaining rice over it and spread it evenly.
- Pour the milk evenly over it and microwave on high for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.