Jowar Golpapdi ( Baby and Toddler)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 241 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31061 times
A flour-based mithai from Gujarat, golpapdi is a hot favourite with most people because it is not only tasty but also easy to prepare.
Add to this the fact that it is very nutritious, and it becomes something moms would love to feed their young ones. Here, we have made Jowar Golpapdi with iron-rich ingredients like jowar flour and jaggery, bound together with ghee.
This mouth-watering snack stays good in an air-tight dabba for 2-3 days, so you can keep it handy to answer your baby’s sudden hunger pangs.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai, add the jowar flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame, add the jaggery and mix well.
- When the jaggery melts and the mixture is still warm, pour it into the greased thali and spread it evenly with the help of the base of a small bowl (katori) or a flat spoon.
- Cut into diamond shaped pieces while it is still warm and keep aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an air-tight container.
Nutrient values per piece
|Energy|| 81 kcal|
|Protein|| 0.7 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 8.7 gm|
|Fat|| 4.8 gm|
|Iron|| 0.5 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.