Jowar Banana Sheera ( Baby and Toddler Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 35437 times
After the age of 6 months, your baby will be ready to have foods that are of a more solid consistency. This sheera is rich in carbohydrates, protein, iron and calcium and will keep your baby 'full' for a longer period of time. I have used banana to sweeten this sheera to make minimal use of jaggery.
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick pan, add the jowar flour to it and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds,stirring continuously so that no lumps remain.
- Add ½ cup of water, jaggery, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, whikle stirring continuosly.
- Switch off the flame, add the banana and mix well.
- Serve lukewarm, adding some warm milk to dilute the consistency to suit your baby's requirements.
Nutrient values for 3/4 cup
| 300 kcal|| 7.2 gm|| 36.0 gm|| 10.0 gm|| 225.7 mg|| 1.4 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.