Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 118700 times
Everybody likes their breakfast tasty and filling. Most people also want it to be easy and quick to prepare. Here is one breakfast option that meets all these criteria! Jhatpat Nasta is a sumptuous grilled sandwiched stuffed with a mixture of mashed potatoes, sautéed onions, green chillies, etc. With the refreshing tang of tomatoes and the spiky flavour of coriander, this wholesome dish is also a treat for the taste buds.
- For the stuffing
- 1. Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- 2. Add the tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- 3. Add the potatoes, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- How to proceed
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Place 2 bread slices on a flat, dry surface and butter them lightly.
- Place 1 portion of the prepared stuffing on each bread slice.
- Butter 2 more bread slices and place them on the stuffing with the buttered side facing downwards.
- Brush some more butter on top and grill in a greased griller for 5 to 7 minutes or till the sandwiches are brown and crisp.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 2 more sandwiches.
- Serve immediately with tomato ketchup.
This recipe was contributed by sumita_basu on 05 Aug 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.