Added to 127 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8837 times
Kids go gaga over jam tarts as they enjoy the crisp tarts and the juicy, sweet filling of jam. These jam treats are a superior alternative to store-bought jam tarts as they are made with wholesome wheat flour pastries. Make these scrumptious pastries easily at home and load them with your kids’ favourite jams, and watch them munch on a satiating and delicious snack.
- Combine the wheat flour, butter and castor sugar in a deep bowl and mix well using your finger tips till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Knead into a soft dough using ¼ cup of cold water.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 150 mm. (6?) diameter circle.
- Trim the sides of the circle using a knife so as to make a 112 mm. × 112 mm. (4 ½? × 4 ½?) square.
- Cut the square into 3 equal strips using a knife.
- Repeat steps 4 to 6 to make more strips. You will get 12 strips in all.
- Place 6 strips on a baking tray and spread 1 tsp of jam on each strip.
- Sandwich them using the remaining 6 strips and press them gently.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven 180°c (360°f) for 25 to 30 minutes or till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Cool slightly and cut each piece into 3 equal portions.
- Serve lukewarm or store in an air-tight container.
- The dough remaining after trimming the edges at step 5 can be reused to make more strips.
- These jam treats are best had within 4 to 6 hours.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.