Jacket Potatoes With Broccoli and Red Pepper ( Pregnancy Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 12 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 7784 times
Potatoes are the most versatile vegetables and offer significant health benefits if cooked correctly. Relish this colourful and innovative preparation using calcium rich-ingredients like broccoli, milk and cheese to avoid calcium deficiency that can lead to weak bones.
- Heat the butter in a pan, add the broccoli, red capsicum, garlic and green chillies and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, salt and pepper and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Cut each boiled potato into 2 halves horizontally.
- Scoop the potato halves, using a spoon so that a depression is formed for the filling.
- Sprinkle salt on one potato half and fill it with a portion of the filling mixture.
- Top with ¼ tbsp of cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining potato halves, filling and cheese to make 7 more stuffed potatoes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 5 to 7 minutes till the cheese melts.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
| 132 cal|| 3.5 gm|| 20.1 gm|| 4.2 gm|| 69.1 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.