Italian Tomato Sauce ( Jain Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 59 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 42259 times
Jains miss out on most sauces and dips as they contain onion and garlic. Here is a jain-friendly italian tomato sauce, in which capsicum along with motley spices and herbs complement the natural flavour of juicy tomatoes, to ensure a wonderful flavour and aroma. Prepare and store this sauce for use with various snacks, pizzas, pastas, and such.
- Put the tomatoes in a vesselful of boiling water for about 10 minutes.
- Peel, cut into quarters and deseed the tomatoes.
- Chop finely and keep the tomato pulp aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the bayleaves and peppercorns and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the tomato pulp and allow it to simmer for 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce reduces a little.
- Add the tomato sauce, sugar and salt and simmer for some more time.
- Finally, add the oregano and mix well. Remove the bayleaves and peppercorns and discard.
- Use as required.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.