Instant Khaman Dhokla
Added to 21 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 66006 times
Instant khaman dhokla is a popular low cal and nutritious Gujarati snack recipe which is steamed and relished with coriander chutney. The instant dhokla batter is made by mixing together besanor gram flour with salt, sugar, citric acid and water. The batter is then steamed, cut into squares and tempered with mustard seeds, curry leaves and grated coconut.
- Dissolve 2-teaspoon salt, 4-teaspoon sugar, 1-teaspoon citric acid in 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Mix in a big bowl 2 cups besan, 1 tablespoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon haldi
- Dissolve 1/2 teaspoon soda in 1/2 cup of water
- Mix together 1 and 2 with eggbeater till well blended.
- Bring water to a rapid boil in dhokla vessel.
- Coat a thaali with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix 3 in the besan mixture while running the eggbeater.
- The mixture will become light and fluffy.
- Pour it immediately in a thaali the dhokla container (which should have boiling water by now).
- Cover the container and cook till the knife inserted in the middle comes out clean (app. 15 mines).
- Meanwhile take 1 cup water and dissolve 1-teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon citric acid.
- Prepare baghaar with oil add hing, rai, curry patta, green chillies, til.
- Pour the sugared water and baghaar on dhokla.
- Garnish with coconut and cilantro. enjoy.
This recipe was contributed by devindra on 17 Nov 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.