by Tarla Dalal
Added to 50 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36053 times
What a yummy breakfast this is! a variant of the traditional handva, this savoury cake uses idli batter to reduce the preparation time. Cooking it using the microwave shrinks the cooking time further, in all making this a super-quick delicacy.
- Grease a 175 mm. (7”) dish with oil and keep aside.
- Combine the idli batter, coriander, curds and salt in a bowl, mix gently and keep aside.
- Put the oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and microwave on high for 1 minute. Keep aside.
- Add the fruit salt to the prepared batter and mix gently.
- Pour the tempering on top and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Cut into 20 equal-sized pieces and serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.