Ile Flottante (floating Islands)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 88 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6813 times
Small islands of vanilla sponge sandwiched with whipped cream and strawberries floating in a strawberry sauce.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the sliced strawberries and keep aside.
- Keep the cream refrigerated until ready to use.
- Extract juice from the strawberries by rubbing through a fine strainer or puree the fruit in an electric blender.
- Add the sugar and lemon juice and mix very well.
- Using a 75 mm. (3") cookie cutter, cut three rounds from the sponge cake.
- Slice each horizontally. Sprinkle with the soaking syrup.
- Fill with the strawberries and whipped cream and top with the other half of the sponge.
- Sprinkle the top layer with the soaking syrup and garnish with one whole strawberry.
- Place all three small cakes on a serving dish and pour the strawberry sauce all around to resemble floating islands.
- Refrigerate before serving.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.