Idli Upma, Upma with Left Over Idlis Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 291 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 63513 times
This is how South Indian typically finish off leftover idlis made properly, it is so tasty that you can even serve it to guests.
Sometimes, people even make Idli upma out of fresh idlis, as it is an interesting alternative to usual Idli and dosas .
- Crumble all the idlis in a deep bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mustard seeds and red chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the carrot, green peas, tomatoes, salt and 2 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Finally, add the crumbled idlis, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately with coconut chutney.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.