Ice-cream Pie On A Coconut Crust
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 52 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 11488 times
An easy to make crunchy coconut crust topped with all your favourite flavours of ice- cream.
- Roast the coconut and sugar in a broad pan over a slow flame till the coconut is golden brown in colour. Cool.
- Melt the butter and add it to the coconut mixture and mix well.
- Generously butter the bottom and sides of a 225 mm. (9") diameter pie plate.
- Sprinkle the coconut mixture and press it down with your palm.
- Chill until set.
- Top the coconut crust with scoops of ice-cream and spread it evenly.
- Allow it to set in the freezer for an hour approximately.
- Serve with strawberry sauce.
- VARIATION :
- To make small individual pies, line the crust mixture in 6 small bowls and set.
- Then top with scoops of ice-cream and serve with any sauce of your choice.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.