Hummus Dip ( Finger Foods for Kids )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 105 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 47886 times
This popular mediterranean dip offers a unique flavour of chickpea, olive oil and parsley. The dip is traditionally served with bread, but to make it more interesting for your child, serve with bread sticks, crackers or wafers. It tastes delicious!
- Soak the kabuli chana in enough water overnight.
- Next day, drain the chana, add the salt and ½ cup of water and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistles or till they are overcooked.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Cool and strain using a strainer. Keep the kabuli chana and water aside separately.
- Combine the garlic, sesame seeds, lemon juice, curds, oil, salt and ¼ cup of the strained water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Add the cooked kabuli chana and blend again till smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 2 to 3 tbsp of the strained water and blend well.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, garnish the hummus with parsley sprig and olive oil and serve chilled with bread sticks.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.