Added to 199 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 91255 times
Chick peas are one of the most versatile beans that abound in all major nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, iron, calcium as well as fibre. This is a healthier version of the traditional hummus that is made using loads of olive oil. Serve this lemony-garlic chick pea spread on thin whole wheat pita bread and sprinkle a little chilli powder on top for that added spice. I often serve leftover hummus with whole wheat toast for breakfast as a healthier substitute to butter. Try it and I am sure you will enjoy it.
- Soak the Kabuli chana in water for 6 hours making sure that they are covered with water.
- Cook the Kabuli chana in a pressure cooker. Cool and drain. Keep the drained liquid aside.
- Put the oil, lemon juice, curds, cooked Kabuli chana, garlic, salt and some of the strained water in a blender and blend until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of water.
- Place this mixture in a serving plate and sprinkle parsley and chilli powder on top.
- Serve with thin strips of vegetables or with whole wheat pita bread.
Nutrient values for 1 cup
|86 gm||232 kcal||9.7 gm||31.6 gm||7.5 gm||159.9 mcg||16.8 mg||191.2 mg||2.3 mg||83.6 mcg||2.3 gm|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.