Hot and Sour Soup
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 851 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 45602 times
A 'fat free' spicy aromatic soup, flavoured with lemon grass and simmered with mushrooms and baby corn.
- Tie the lemon grass stalks and coriander together using some lemon grass.
- Boil 5 cups of water in a pan. Add the seasoning cube, garlic, ginger, lemon grass and coriander (tied together), cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the aroma stasrts getting released, discard the garlic, ginger, lemon grass and coriander bunch.
- Add the chillies, mushrooms, baby corn and salt and simmer for another 15 minutes in the covered pan.
- Add the lemon juice just before serving.
- Garnish the soups bowl with spring onions, coriander and carrot, pour the hot soup over it and serve at once.
- Keep in mind that seasoning cubes already contain salt. Therefore, extra salt should be added last, if required.
- Pouring hot soup over the spring onions, carrots and coriander helps release their flavours besides cooking them slightly.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.