Hot Borscht ( Soups and Salads Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 19 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 14132 times
Borscht is a hearty soup that also looks extremely delicious. Originally from russia, it is known as red borscht because the beetroot used adds a deep red hue to the soup. You could add in all the vegetables you want, and simmer it until it is thick and gives out a wonderful aroma of cooked vegetables, onions, tomatoes and pepper. Serve it bubbling hot with curds and celery as garnish. Borscht tastes absolutely delicious with toasted whole wheat or multi-grain bread.
- Heat the oil in a deep kadhai, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the beetroot, potatoes, carrots, cabbage and tomatoes, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add 3½ cups of hot water and salt, mix well and cover and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or till the vegetables are soft, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the pepper powder and mix well.
- Serve immediately garnished with curds and parsley.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.