Horlicks Cake Ice Cream
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 15689 times
Horlicks cake ice cream is an innovative ice cream recipe prepared by mixing Horlicks with milk and freezing. The Horlicks ice cream is garnished with crushed cake
- Boil 2 1/2 cups of milk.add sugar & cook uncovered on slow
- Fire for 15 min,stirring frequently.
- Take 1/4 cup of milk
- And warm it.add horlicks powder into it.mix well and take care there is no lumps.add this to the boiling milk.
- Mix cornflour and chinagrass with 1/4 cup of coldmilk and
- Add to the boiling milk.
- Cook on slow fire, stirring
- Continuously till the mixture boils and thickens.remove
- From fire and cool at room temperature.
- Whip the contents in a mixure for one minute.add cold cream and run the mixer for 5 seconds so that cream is well mixed.
- Pour the contents into a aluminium container and cover with aluminium foil.
- Place the container in a freezer till it is
- Half set.remove and whip in the mixer for 2 min.
- Pour back the mixture into the container.
- Crumble the cake pieces,& add 3/4th into the icecream and mix it lightly.
- Place the icecream container, properly covered ,back in the
- Freezer till it is set.just before serving, decorate the ice cream with the crumbled cake.
This recipe was contributed by pr0410 on 13 Aug 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.