Herb Rice with Mushrooms
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 123 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9876 times
Spring onions add crunch to the soft rice which goes very well with succulent mushrooms soaked in white sauce.
- For the rice, heat the butter and fry the onions. Add the rice and milk and mix very well.
- Add the parsely. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- For the mushroom topping, heat the butter and fry the onion and green chilli for 2 minutes.
- Add the celery and mushrooms.
- Mix the cornflour in the milk and 3/4 teacup of water and add to the mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes or until the mixture thickens. Stir the mixture continuously.
- Add the oregano and salt.
- To proceed, spread the hot rice in a serving dish and top with the mushroom mixture.
- Herb corn rice. Instead of mushrooms, use 1 teacup of cooked tender corn.
- Goodness Guide :
- Mushrooms are low in calories.
- Don't use too much water to cook rice.
- Use just enough.
- Excess water tends to wash vitamins away.
Nutrient values Per Serving :
|6.8 g||46.3 g||9.6 g|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.