Hearty Red Lentil Soup
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 28018 times
There is an unmistakable Turkish influence in this soup. Made with the humble red lentil, this soup can even serve as a simple main dish by itself. Rice gives body to the soup and low fat milk tones down the strong flavour of lentils even while making the soup richer and creamier.
- Heat a small non-stick pan and when hot, add the mint leaves and dry roast till they are crisp. Crush them slightly and keep aside.
- Clean, wash and drain the masoor dal and rice.
- Add the onions, carrots, tomatoes and 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Add ½ cup of water, milk, chilli flakes, roasted mint and salt and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.