by Tarla Dalal
Added to 384 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25140 times
These sumptuous Healthy Burgers offer an exciting way to stay off high-fat junk foods! Loaded with veggies, this healthful delicacy is also as tasty as it looks, thanks to interesting flavourers like low-cal mayonnaise and green chilli paste. But, if you are wondering how the burger suddenly became healthy, check out how we have tava roasted instead of deep-frying the cutlets, and used fibre-rich whole wheat burger buns instead of starchy plain flour ones. Interestingly, the cheese is also missing, but you will not miss it! But remember this is an occasional one dish treat and best restricted to 1 burger at meal time.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the mixed vegetables, turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the vegetables are cooked, while stirring occasionally. Sprinkle a little water to avoid the vegetables from burning and sticki
- Add the whole wheat flour and green chilli paste, mix well and cook on a slow flame for another 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and lightly mash it using a potato masher.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Divide the mixture into 3 equal portions and shape each portion into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter round, flat cutlet.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it with ¼ tsp of oil.
- Cook each cutlet using ¼ tsp of oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides. Keep aside.
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two and toast them lightly on a tava (griddle) from both the sides.
- Place the lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface, spread 1 tbsp of low-cal mayonnaise and 1 tsp of the tomato ketchup and place 1 iceberg lettuce over it.
- Place a cutlet, 1 onion slice, 3 cucumber slices and 2 tomato slices and sprinkle a little salt over it.
- Cover with an upper half of the bun and press it lightly.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 to make 2 more burgers.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per burger :
| 244 kcal|| 7.9 gm|| 41.6 gm|| 5.3 gm|| 5.4 gm|| 3.1 mg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.