Hariyali Parwal, Hariyali Parwal Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 58135 times
Hariyali Parwal is a mouth-watering curry of stuffed parwal cooked with coriander-flavoured curds. The stuffing of fennel seeds, onions and spice powders gives the parwal a smashing flavour, which is improved further by the paste of coriander and curds that it is cooked in.
Make sure you keep the flame low after adding the curd-paste, else it will curdle. Serve the Hariyali Parwal Curry immediately upon preparation, with your favourite rotis or rice .
- Combine the fennel seeds and onions in a mixer and blend till smooth. Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the fennel seeds-onion mixture and sauté on a medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the flame, add the coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala, amchur and salt, mix well and keep aside.
- Peel, wash and slit the parwals lengthwise. De-seed the parwals and fill the onion mixture into the parwals. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining 1½ tbsp of oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the stuffed parwals, little salt and ¼ cup water, cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Lower the flame, add the prepared paste, mix well and cook for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.