by Tarla Dalal
Added to 34 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 50769 times
Piquant Onion stuffing and a tangy curd gravy combination to tingle your taste buds.
- Grind together the fennel seeds and onions to a smooth paste.
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan, add fennel seeds-onion mixture and satué till onions turn golden brown.
- Remove from fire and add coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala, amchur and salt. Mix well and keep aside.
- Peel, wash and slit the parwals lengthwise. De-seed the parwals and fill the onion mixture into the parwals. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the stuffed parwals and stir-fry them. Add salt and ¼ cup water, cover and cook on a low flame till done.
- Add the paste and bring to a boil whilst stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.