Hariyali Chanki ( Weight Loss After Pregnancy )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 33 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 40003 times
Hariyali chanki, green as its name suggests, this non-fried snack combines seven green veggies with four different flours. Rich in iron, folic acid and fibre, it assists in hemoglobin production. A great alternative to oil laden snacks – ideal for health conscious mothers who want to lose weight the healthy way.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- Knead again using ¼ tsp oil till smooth and divide the dough into 30 equal portions.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a clean dry surface, place a portion of the dough and pat it lightly using your fingers to make a thick 25 mm. (1") diameter chanki.
- Cook the chanki on a non-stick tava (griddle), using a little oil till both sides are golden brown in colour. Serve immediately.
- Roll a few chankis at a time and cook them in batches on the tava.
Nutrient values per serving
|Energy|| 93 calories|
|Protein|| 3.6 gm|
|Carbohydrates|| 9.7 gm|
|Fat|| 4.8 gm|
|Fibre|| 0.5 gm|
|Iron|| 2.0 mg|
|Folic acid|| 16.0 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.