Hare Mutter ki Puri
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 274 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 84224 times
Bored of making samosas and kachoris? Try this flavourful stuffed puri then! Packed with boiled green peas perked up with chaat masala and lemon juice, these whole wheat puris are flavourful and aromatic too. Every bite of the Hare Mutter ki Puri delights your taste buds. It is so tasty, you can simply serve it with a cup of curds.
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine the green peas and green chillies in a mixer and blend into a coarse mixture without using water. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green pea mixture, lemon juice, chaat masala and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
- Add the whole wheat flour, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till the mixture becomes dry, while stirring continuously.
- Divide the stuffing into 12 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the dough into 12 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion into a 75 mm. (3”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the centre of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides and seal it tightly.
- Roll out again into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Repeat steps 2 to 5 to make 11 more puris.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick kadhai and deep-fry a few puris at a time, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve immediately.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.